Make your own Countdown Clocks

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Weight and the Wait

You know that feeling you get when something you've given up hope on actually happens? It kind of feels like a weight you didn't know was on your shoulders is finally lifted. You laugh, you cry, you want to shout hallelujah, you drop to your knees to thank God for the blessing. I had that experience today. I had just finished booking a hotel room for our upcoming rental hunting trip to Syracuse. I popped on over to Casey's email to check for the booking confirmation and saw this:

"Dear Casey,

I am pleased to inform you that a TA-ship has become available; and the Linguistics Committee has decided to offer you a Spanish Teaching Assistantship to support study in the Linguistic Studies MA Program."

I immediately burst into tears and called Casey over to see. I had given up hope that he would be offered the TA-ship and was ready to have 30k or more per year in student loans for his 2 year program. Now his tuition is covered and he gets a stipend that will help us pay for a place to live. 

This experience has humbled me greatly. I was very angry with Heavenly Father for telling us this is the right thing and then not opening doors to do it. I made sure he knew I was angry. He has, once again, reminded me that I am not in charge and that he will provide what we need, even if it comes after a long wait. Now that this weight is off my shoulders, I can enjoy the massive reduction in my stress levels. I am going to be expressing my gratitude for this immense blessing for a long time to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment