Make your own Countdown Clocks

Friday, December 14, 2012

I just feel the need to write about today. Far too often, unspeakably horrible things happen in this world. Today was just such a day. I was going about my business when I read about something happening in Connecticut. I immediately looked for more information. My stomach flipped and my heart broke when I read that someone walked into an elementary school and killed adults and so many innocent children. I could barely believe that someone could do such an atrocious thing. I thought of those sweet children's parents and how one person's actions has taken away their precious angels.

My heart aches for those affected by this event. I have shed many tears for them today. I have seen a loved one lose a child and I would not wish that on anyone. I have never seen such grief. I pray for those families to have comfort since I know they will not have peace yet. I pray for them to not be angry. I pray for them to feel the love of God in this unbelievably difficult time. I shed tears for the people taken from this earth. I shed tears for their families and friends. I shed tears for the poor tormented soul that did this. He will feel this grief one hundred fold and I pity him.

For those who remain behind and must feel the grief now, I pray that they will be able to feel the healing power of the atonement. It cannot bring their loved ones back, but it can help heal the pain and suffering brought by this awful tragedy. This nation stands beside them at this devastating time and many of us are sending prayers their way.

May our Heavenly Father's love and comfort be with us all at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment