So, I've been lovingly nudged a few times in the short ribs to post the story of the real ring/proposal. someday i may add a few details to the original proposal story...but seeing as how this one trumps it, maybe not :-). I apologize in advance for how wordy I get.
Way back in the day when we were still new at the "hey, we're actually gonna get married somday" game, Rachel and I were online looking at rings on zales.com. at first it was a "I like this kind of stone, i dont like this kind, that kind fo band is nice"...but it ended up as one ring, an "I want -that- one" kind of thing...
fast forward a long time. i had back and forth debated on whether or not to get that ring as rachel had many times suggested other possible rings, but more than once enforced that that one was still her all-time favorite. I found out the band she wanted happened to be one of the ones you could get online without the stone. I ordered it July 2nd. since it was a "special order item" it said allow 3-4 weeks delivery but i went ahead and ordered it 2nd day ground. i was hoping to propose on my birthday...
well, sure enough i thought it should have been shipped a lot earlier than it was and was getting really worried it wouldnt get here in time. I do believe it was monday the 20th (my birthday is the 24th) that the ring showed up at my apartment door in alabama. i was as giddy as a little school girl...now, i should have ordered the stone a lot sooner but i had figured id wait for the ring...well, i ordered the stone online next day air or something...but found out that they -had- to ship it to my billing address, which is -not- alabama...so i cancelled that order and started frantically searching for some local jewelers.
I found one and the guy said he could have the stone ordered wednesday and it would come in thursday afternoon and it would take about an hour or so to fit it in the setting. this would work great but there was a chance id already be working by then and not be able to come in...i was cutting it close, really worried id have to come up with some non-birthday proposal...
Thursday morning the guy called me and said the shipment came in early. i got there not too long after, gave him the ring, and before i got my first job for the day was able to get the ring, the -day- before my birthday. if i was giddy when i got the band alone, i was super-duper giddy to have the whole thing, and know i didnt have to wait terribly long to propose...
To Be Continued...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment